Congratulations to SDPF auction winning hunt teams of Doug & Wendy Heersink, Matt Sawyer & Natalie Wurzer, and Mark Campbell & Joe Nobles!
Total raised for both chapters was $6,425!
Ever wanted to have access to bird-heavy, private land in mid-Kansas? Here is that unique opportunity!
South Metro Pheasants Forever is partnering with Kansas PF Smoky Hill Chapter 424 for a two-day hunt on private lands near Hays, Kansas. Six hunters and an SMPF chapter representative will travel to Hays on Thursday, Jan. 5, 2023, and return on Sunday, Jan. 8. We will stay in a lodge and hunt on Friday, Jan. 6, and Saturday, Jan. 7. Pheasant (limit 4) and quail (limit 8) abound on the properties we will hunt. The property owners will hunt with us (they know where the birds are!). Note: in the event, we get snowed out, a secondary date of Jan. 19-22 will be held.
- Bids are for a 2-person team and start at $1500/team ($750/person).
- Each team of 2 hunters should have a dog
- Hunt will be awarded to the highest 3 (2 person teams) bidders.
- New bids must exceed the previous high bid (cannot bid for 2nd/3rd place).
- All funds, minus expenses, will be split between the two chapters.
- Auction will start on Sept. 10 at 8 am and close on Sept 24 at 5 pm.
- Read details below on how to bid.
Hunters are expected to be experienced with hunting safely under a variety of conditions including blocking, covey rises, etc. All hunters are responsible for their own, and others, safety.
- Access to more acres than we can hunt in 2 days.
- Lodging in a bunk style (1 room) building converted into a fully equipped lodge (not fancy).
- A field lunch and simple dinner will be provided.
- Dogs/kennels allowed in lodge.
Not included in the hunt:
- Hunting licenses, dogs, shells (this is not an outfitters hunt).
- Breakfast or snacks (fridges are on site so food can be stored as needed).
- Drinks, water, personal items.
- Motels nearby if preferred