Last chance to get your final bid in before Saturday at 5 p.m.! Top bid to beat is $1,000!
Ever wanted to have access to bird-heavy, private land in mid-Kansas? Here is that unique opportunity!
South Metro Pheasants Forever is partnering with Kansas PF Smoky Hill Chapter 424 for a two-day hunt on private lands near Hays, Kansas. Six hunters and an SMPF chapter representative will travel to Hays on Thursday, Jan. 5, 2023, and return on Sunday, Jan. 8. We will stay in a lodge and hunt on Friday, Jan. 6, and Saturday, Jan. 7. Pheasant (limit 4) and quail (limit 8) abound on the properties we will hunt. The property owners will hunt with us (they know where the birds are!). Note: in the event, we get snowed out, a secondary date of Jan. 19-22 will be held.
- Bids are for a 2-person team and start at $1500/team ($750/person).
- Each team of 2 hunters should have a dog
- Hunt will be awarded to the highest 3 (2 person teams) bidders.
- New bids must exceed the previous high bid (cannot bid for 2nd/3rd place).
- All funds, minus expenses, will be split between the two chapters.
- Auction will start on Sept. 10 at 8 am and close on Sept 24 at 5 pm.
- Read details below on how to bid.
Hunters are expected to be experienced with hunting safely under a variety of conditions including blocking, covey rises, etc. All hunters are responsible for their own, and others, safety.
- Access to more acres than we can hunt in 2 days.
- Lodging in a bunk style (1 room) building converted into a fully equipped lodge (not fancy).
- A field lunch and simple dinner will be provided.
- Dogs/kennels allowed in lodge.
Not included in the hunt:
- Hunting licenses, dogs, shells (this is not an outfitters hunt).
- Breakfast or snacks (fridges are on site so food can be stored as needed).
- Drinks, water, personal items.
- Motels nearby if preferred
HOW TO BID
Mel Wernimont will be the auction master. His email is email@example.com.
Starting at 8 am (MST) on Saturday, Sept. 10 you can email Mel your bid for your team (note, please have only one member of the 2-person team do the bidding). In order to get through his spam filter, please put Pheasants Forever in the subject line. Include your name, the name of your second team member, and your phone number in case he should need to call you.
All bids must exceed the minimum ($750 per person) and the posted high bid. A new high bid will be sent to all who have already bid, letting participants know what the current high bid is. That info will be sent to participants at least once a day via a group email of all who have already bid. In addition, the current high bid will be posted to the website and sent out via a Constant Contact email every 2-3 days, depending on activity level.
Questions can also be directed to Mel’s email and will be answered to the entire participant group at the same time as the bid updates are given.
Bidding closes on Saturday, Sept. 24 at 5 pm (MST). The winning bidders (top 3 bids) will be notified via email or phone call within 24 hours of the close of the auction. Donations must be sent to South Metro PF by October 15.