Our local chapter (South Metro Pheasants Forever 816) is empowered to determine how 100% of our locally raised conservation funds are spent; the only national conservation organization that operates through this truly grassroots structure.
Associate Annual Membership Benefits
Join or renew as a Pheasants Forever Associate Member and have confidence your contributions are making a difference on the ground for wildlife and your upland hunting heritage. In fact, since our inception in 1982, Pheasants Forever has converted your membership dollars into over 530,000 historical habitat projects and 17 million acres of wildlife habitat.
- Pheasants Forever Journal of Upland Conservation subscription, which is published five times a year and features stories on upland bird hunting, guns, sporting dogs, habitat improvement projects, environmental issues, legislative action and other outdoor interests
- Pheasants Forever window decal
- Membership card
- Annual 13-month Pheasants Forever Hunterâ€™s Calendar (mailed every fall)
- Invitations to local chapter banquets and events
- Monthly “On The Wing” eNewsletter
- Annual state-by-state Pheasant Hunting Forecast
Membership LevelsThere are many levels of memberships including annual and lifetime memberships. For more information visit pheasantsforever.org.
- Ringnecks (Youth) – $15 (Annual)
- Associate – $35 (Annual)
- Rooster Booster – $75 (Annual)
- Magnum – $150 (Annual)
- Sponsor – $250 (Annual)
- Dog Life – $500 (Lifetime)
- Life – $1,000
- Patron – $10,000
- Gold Patron – $25,000
Join South Metro Pheasants Forever 816
After you submit the application, a chapter board member will be in touch with you in regards to your membership and payment information. We look forward to sharing in our efforts to promote our chapter’s habitat and conservation efforts.
Who is Pheasants Forever?
A national organization dedicated to the preservation and restoration of habitat for upland game and wildlife throughout the nation.
- Over 145,000 grassroots members and volunteers who have developed more than 10 million acres of pheasant and other wildlife habitats since inception.
- 600 chapters completing over 35,000 projects annually.
Why Join Pheasants Forever?
- Help Colorado’s Habitat and Youth
- Help Ensure Future Hunting Opportunities for Our Children
- Gain Fulfillment and Satisfaction Working with Youth and Novices
- Share Your Knowledge, Skill, and Experience
- Meet a New Friend or Hunting Partner
- Learn New Hunting Areas and Tips
- Increase Your Hunting Opportunities and Success
- Learn About Hunting Dogs
- Exchange Stories
- Have More Fun!
About Pheasants Forever
Pheasants Forever was co-founded in 1982 by co-workers at the St. Paul Pioneer Press and Dispatch, outdoor editor Dennis Anderson and national advertising director Jeff Finden. Both recognized a need for habitat restoration and preservation to ensure the future of pheasants and other wildlife.
PF’s first publication entitled “Rooster Tales,” published in February 1983. This became the forerunner of today’s Pheasants Forever Journal of Upland Conservation. The fledgling PF held its first banquet on April 15, 1983, drawing 800 people at the inaugural banquet. In January 2007, PF’s third-ever National Pheasant Fest in Des Moines, Iowa, became the largest event in PF history, drawing over 24,500 attendees over a three-day span.
Twenty-five years after its inception, Pheasants Forever has become a grassroots, nationwide upland conservation movement – a national conservation powerhouse. The organization has grown to 110,000 members with over 600 chapters across the U.S. and Canada. Nationwide, Pheasants Forever has spent $260 million on program expenditures, which have helped fund 347,000 habitat projects affecting 4.4 million acres across North America. Along the way, PF has continued to employ the same unique organizational model of empowering local chapters to determine how 100 percent of their locally-raised conservation funds are spent. This local control allows chapters to see the fruits of their chapter efforts in their own communities.