Local Habitat Efforts
South Metro PF 816’s members are truly passionate about creating, preserving and restoring habitat that benefits pheasants, quail, and other upland wildlife. This unique model empowers local chapters with the responsibility to determine how 100 percent of their locally-raised conservation funds will be spent.
Whether it’s through improving habitat, informing the public about land management or educating future generations of hunting enthusiasts, conservation is the underlying principle in all we do at the grassroots level.
Latest Habitat News
Are you new to the state? Need information about where to hunt upland game in Colorado? Want to know about Pheasant’s Forever’s contribution to conservation and hunting access?
Great! The best program (in my mind) for the combination of information to answer those questions is found in the descriptions of the Corners 4 Conservation (C4C). C4C is a partnership between Pheasant’s Forever, farmers, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Natural Resources Conservation service, High Plains Land Conservancy, and Muley Fanatics to create habitat for birds, bees, bucks, & butterflies that helps farmers make their land more profitable and gives the public open access for hunting! What a win for everyone, especially the wildlife.
SO, if you need hunting access, want to see PF at work through their wildlife biologists, or want to see conservation at it’s best, get yourself a booklet showing where the walk-in acres are. Those can be found free at your local sporting goods stores. Or better yet, follow these links for more information at the Colorado Parks & Wildlife website. See you in the field.Colorado Parks & Wildlife – 2019 Late Cropland Walk-In Atlas
Colorado Parks & Wildlife – Corners for Conservation
Click below for more news from our Habitat Committee
- Eastern Colorado Habitat Tour – July 9, 2023
- New Cottonwoods at Barr Lake – June 29, 2023
- Earth Day 2023 – April 22, 2023
- Habitat Project at Barr Lake State Park – May 25, 2022
- Hands-on Habitat Project – April 23, 2022
- National Public Land Day – September 25, 2021
- Oxy volunteers team for two Barr Lake projects
- SMPF & Oxy Occidental announce a project partnership – June 14, 2020
- Pollinators at Barr Lake State Park – June 2, 2020
- Oil & Gas Hunt on February 28, 2020
- Creating New Pheasant Habitat in the Wake of CRP Losses